STUMP'S NATION

"A Forum Dedicated to talking about the BEST (GF)gravity-fed smoker on the PLANET!"
Photobucket
It is currently June 24th, 2017, 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: USER PROFILES NEED TO SHOW VALID LOCATION, CITY & STATE!
PostPosted: March 17th, 2011, 11:24 pm 
Platinum 6

Have thanks: 689 times
BryanJ wrote:
There was also an initiative a while back that said that you had to use your real name, but others didn't and that initiative evaporated. I complied with it at the time because I wanted to be here, and this place is the ONLY place on the internet that I've done that.. This just doesn't set well with me. I will say this, I've tried to be a small but quality contributor to this site and a contributor to Stumps' bottom line i.e. I put my money where my mouth is. I should be allowed to join the forum and contribute on some of my own terms. I'm also a member of virtual weber bullet and others that don't require me to give any type of disclosure.

If this is a hard stance the company is going to take.. these will be my last posts here.. sorry fellas.. this is really kinda goofy

It has nothing to do with stalkers it has to do with reasonable personal preference. If you don't want me here.. so be it..

I do remember putting in your real name and like the idea cause I got a bad memory of remembering names. That is when I added my real first name and city to my profile. I wish Thad and/or Stump would require it again. first name and where ya live aint gonna give anyone any info about ya and this forum is family, no worries

22" "Roswell" Discada
Ducane gas grill
"All cooking is a matter of time. In general, the more time the better."
"I cook with wine and beer, sometimes I even add it to the food."

PostPosted: March 18th, 2011, 10:20 am 
Baby Stumps

Have thanks: 9 times
Bryan,
I've been in Law Enforcement for the past 24 years. I have my location listed for anyone to see. I even have pictures of the front and back of my house scattered around this forum. It doesn't really bother me. The second amendment gives me the right to bear arms and I bear a lot of um.

Life is full of rules and this is one you'll have to live with should you continue to be a member of this forum.

With this said, I agree with your feelings about being a part of the Stumps family. I don't think you should be made fun of because of your opinions. I, for one, don't think any less of you for stating your beliefs. Hope you stay on the forum!

John

DigiQ
IQue 110

PostPosted: March 18th, 2011, 10:28 pm 
The Classic

Have thanks: 115 times
No one was making fun of Bryan for his opinions, it was the way I could see him jumping up and down and throwing a tantrum..... I know others seen it too!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have TOTAL control of this forum! If I thought for one minute that it was being invaded or used for purposes other than the Stump's family, I would either call in heavy IT help or shut it down till it was fixed.

We all see this Forum as an outlet and a source of friendship....... Don't know about the rest of you guys.......... but I want to know my friends well enough to know where they live and certainly be on a first and last name basis.

Just good common sense here....... nothing else! :roll: :roll: :roll: One of my Grandaddy's favorite sayings!

Thad

PostPosted: March 20th, 2011, 7:26 pm 
Platinum 6

Have thanks: 133 times
BryanJ,
I hope you are gonna hang around. You have made some good posts in the past. I understand your position and respect it.

Baby
Large BGE
Women are like rocks...The flat ones are best skipped.
"I am not afraid of falling...I just don't want to hit the ground"
WE ARE THE COMPETITION!

PostPosted: March 20th, 2011, 10:49 pm 
Platinum 6

Have thanks: 907 times
BRBBQ wrote:
Didn't say it had to be true, or did it :lol:

What does the word "VALID" mean to you? :? :roll: :?:

BOB

BBQ Pitmasters "Chicken Wang, Chicken Wang, Chicken Wang" Battle Wagon
Junior (for SALE! I need the room!)
Monster
Stump's Mini-Stumpster
Stump's Smoker Baby
Stump's Tailgater
Stump's GF222CM Sold but came back--Needs a re-furb job
Stump's Baby (in Black) Sold
Stump's Baby (in Copper) Sold
Stump's Stretch (Tuxedo Black) Sold
Stump's Stretch (Tuxedo Black reversed door) Sold
Weber "Homer Simpson" Edition Smokey Joe
BGE "Mini"
2 Concrete blocks and a rusty oven grate

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2011, 9:49 pm 
The Classic

Sometimes being right requires ya' to be wrong! :( :( :( All we've every asked here at the Stump's Nation is let's all be cordial and follow a few simple rules.

On Friday May 7th, 2010 Buster posted a thread asking everyone to show their vaild location and information. This was not something new we asked for today. So if you missed that post, I'm sorry and we (Stump's Smokers) need to do a better job in the future of alerting everyone this information is required. I'm not posting again to argue the validity of this rule.............. everyone else followed it!! So that I guess that speaks for itself.

I do understand your right to choose if you want to remain anonymous on a website. We have quite a few trolls who never sign up to join The Nation. I'm not mad at the fact of your decision or stance, they are your beliefs and your right to voice your opinion. I just thought your approach was abrupt and didn't fit into the spirit we all share here at Stump's. Sometimes owning a business is like having a child! You fight for your beliefs and whats yours. That statement I know you understand!!

So if your request is to be deleted we will do so, but I just wanted the WHOLE Nation to know we don't push people off the STUMP'S NATIONS forum. That will be your decision.

Thad

For this message the author twe3 has received gratitude : BigOrangeSmoker

PostPosted: March 24th, 2011, 2:13 am 
The Classic

Not quite sure why I keep this up, but here is my last attempt to make this right. I think my answer would be, YES we do value you and every other person who has bought a Stump's Smoker. We appreciate and I personally applaud your defense on or behalf!! I certainly know that part of your threads were never in question here at the Stump's Nation! AND I would be writing at 3:15 in the morning if I didn't believe you and EVERY Stump's Smokers customer was worth keeping!!

I've said it once and I"ll say it again...... We don't make new customers, we make new friends here at Stump's!!! :D :D :D

This disclosure is not an attempt to breach any personal information about you. It's our attempt to let everyone on this site know who and where you are, so that if they so desire they might want to forge a possible friendship with someone in their region. I do see from time to time individuals wanting to share cooking ideas, recipes, the weather and all sorts of different things that are of interest to people in the same geographical regions of the country. We all have different ideas of how we do things, and alot of GREAT people share their ideas on this forum............. I espically like reading the different takes on recipes used on our smokers. I personally have learned a great deal about cooking from my fellow forum members and hope you and I both continue to do so.

I see you do have a stance here............. it is your right to believe whatever you want to make yourself happy...... but there are two sides to every coin.

My example of here would be if you invited me over to your house to eat dinner and I showed up and you said "Oh, to come inside my house you have to take your shoes off and leave them outside the door" ...............Now here's our delima, do I take off my shoes and let you smell what I consider to be stinky feet or......... Do I just say "You didn't disclose to me that I had to take off my shoes to come to your house, so I'm leaving!"

Here's what I do......... Being the person I am, I say the heck with the stinky feet, I was invited over to eat and I am going to do the right thing here and be polite in doing so............... It's your house and your rules and I only come over to eat, not move in! Let's go eat!!!

If we were talking about a matter of national security I might have a better analogy, but this one is pretty good for me. ;) ;) ;)

We all just want to be friends here and look at your post and say "Dang that was a pretty good post Ole Bryan put on the forum....... He also said it was cold and windy today where he lives, it was 100 degrees today here in Macon GA! Wonder were it is he lives? OH! BFE!! Might go there next year snow skiing or something!"

That is my little simple mind at work and I think most all of the guys here would agree.......... that's what we use that part of your personal information for.

Just breaking it down in terms I can understand. :? :? :?

Thad

For this message the author twe3 has received thanks - 3: BigOrangeSmoker, blues brother, Bob in Fla

PostPosted: March 27th, 2011, 2:41 pm 
Platinum 4

Have thanks: 349 times
sorry you feel different than all others here Bryan but personally i think its a good thang to have the city and st posted,dont know what you got to hide.Matter of fact Thad, you should change the reg.thingy to require all users to add that before they are approved to come aboard :!:

Huntsville,Alabama

Put My Sauce On The Side So Folks Can See I Aint Got Nothing To Hide

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2011, 2:37 pm 
Platinum 4

Have thanks: 237 times
Bob in Fla wrote:
BRBBQ wrote:
Didn't say it had to be true, or did it :lol:

What does the word "VALID" mean to you? :? :roll: :?:

BOB

I missed "VALID" some how, I read between the lines :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: July 21st, 2011, 9:29 am 
Platinum 4

Have thanks: 349 times
from the looks of things this is no longer required :shock: :o :o :shock: :?

Huntsville,Alabama

Put My Sauce On The Side So Folks Can See I Aint Got Nothing To Hide