STUMP'S NATION

"A Forum Dedicated to talking about the BEST (GF)gravity-fed smoker on the PLANET!"
Photobucket
It is currently November 24th, 2017, 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: introduction
PostPosted: September 18th, 2013, 10:08 pm 
Baby Stumps

Have thanks: 15 times
Hello fellow stumpers, finally decided to join the family. My name is earl I reside in st.louis orginally from indiana been here for a few years, have a family of five and I love my xtra large baby. I bought it from a dealer here in the city, he didn', t sell stumps smokers which I went there for but sold backwoods so I orderded a g2 party not what I wanted but still a solid smoker. I waited the down time it took for the dealer to get his order which seemed liked forever but when it came I was very disappointed with the overall size of the smoker. The dealer said he owned a stump of his own which was brand new and if I would like to see it and if i liked it we could trade. I told him I wanted it even before I seen it and boy I couldnt be happier. Iknow im just rambling off but this single piece of equip is the BEST smoker out there PERIOD. I have plenty of question and I know some of them are pretty stupid but im gonna ask anyway.(in due time) One quick question though how and where do I put all my equip at??? Thank you stum nation plenty of pics on the way!!!!!!

Maverick et 732
Taylor brand thermometer (thermapen is on the way)
Family Dollar grill !!!!! (First grill I ever bought its on its last legs!!)
R&V works Cajun fryer

For this message the author smokingeverythang has received thanks - 2: Bob in Fla, PakaMike

Post subject: Re: introduction
PostPosted: September 19th, 2013, 6:51 am 
Platinum 6

Have thanks: 1345 times
Welcome as a owner and to the Stumps Forum. There is a great bunch of guys here, ready to help with any questions you might have. We all have had what we thought are dumb questions, but only dumb ones are not asked. For a local connection, stblues is a member here is also from St Louis.

For your first question on where to put equipment. Some guys constructed complete smoke shacks for their stumps to be housed in. RDOVER comes to mind on this.

Here are some of Randy's pictures:

http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... struction/

Some guys have purchased trailers to keep all the equipment in, others replaced a car in the garage with a Stumps or in a car port. Some Stumps are just covered and left outside. All these options work, just keep it close and easy to get too, because you will want to be cooking.

Looking forward to more of your posts, feedback, questions and pictures. We LOVE pictures.

I'm just a guy in my backyard, playing with fire and smoke
Mark

For this message the author markcp has received thanks - 2: Bob in Fla, smokingeverythang

PostPosted: September 19th, 2013, 6:53 am 
The Classic

Have thanks: 298 times
smokingeverythang wrote:
Hello fellow stumpers, finally decided to join the family. My name is earl I reside in st.louis orginally from indiana been here for a few years, have a family of five and I love my xtra large baby. I bought it from a dealer here in the city, he didn', t sell stumps smokers which I went there for but sold backwoods so I orderded a g2 party not what I wanted but still a solid smoker. I waited the down time it took for the dealer to get his order which seemed liked forever but when it came I was very disappointed with the overall size of the smoker. The dealer said he owned a stump of his own which was brand new and if I would like to see it and if i liked it we could trade. I told him I wanted it even before I seen it and boy I couldnt be happier. Iknow im just rambling off but this single piece of equip is the BEST smoker out there PERIOD. I have plenty of question and I know some of them are pretty stupid but im gonna ask anyway.(in due time) One quick question though how and where do I put all my equip at??? Thank you stum nation plenty of pics on the way!!!!!!

earl, (i laughed at the "my name is earl" thing because of the tv show. :lol:

if this is not the place for rambling or asking (what you think) are stupid questions, then i would have been banned a long time ago 8-)

you're right about a stumps. ive seen plenty of backwoods and they are GOOD cookers, not here to bash, but when you see and get your hands on a stumps, you know its a fine piece of machinery. cooks great too (which is the point).

welcome to the nation :D :D :mrgreen:

Stumps Classic
Stumps Baby "LaFawnduh"
Fast Eddy PG500
22" Weber Kettle
Memaw's cast iron skillet

For this message the author Blake has received thanks - 2: Bob in Fla, smokingeverythang

PostPosted: September 19th, 2013, 8:26 am 
Baby Stumps

Thanks guys really means alot to be welcomed in this prestigious club!!!!! As far a my question about my equip I see guys putting the equip the have past or present smokers, gurus, etc... how do I post what I have?????

Maverick et 732
R&V works Cajun fryer

For this message the author smokingeverythang has received gratitude : Bob in Fla

PostPosted: September 19th, 2013, 9:04 am 
Platinum 6

Have thanks: 907 times
Welcome to the obsession. Before I knew what a Stump's Smoker was, a Backwoods was the best smoker that I ever cooked on, and I had cooked on a LOT! That's all changed now since I bought my first Stump's, an oldie but a goodie GF222CM.

If your question is about putting things in your signature, you go to the top right hand corner of the page and click on "User Control Panel" and look for the settings for "Profile" and then "Signature".
That might not be available yet because for lots of things, you have to have a certain number of posts....I believe that the number is 5 or 6 but don't quote me on this.

Have FUN.

What are you looking at as your NEXT addition? These things CAN be addictive, you know...

BBQ Pitmasters "Chicken Wang, Chicken Wang, Chicken Wang" Battle Wagon
Junior (for SALE! I need the room!)
Monster
Stump's Mini-Stumpster
Stump's Smoker Baby
Stump's Tailgater
Stump's GF222CM Sold but came back--Needs a re-furb job
Stump's Baby (in Black) Sold
Stump's Baby (in Copper) Sold
Stump's Stretch (Tuxedo Black) Sold
Stump's Stretch (Tuxedo Black reversed door) Sold
Weber "Homer Simpson" Edition Smokey Joe
BGE "Mini"
2 Concrete blocks and a rusty oven grate

For this message the author Bob in Fla has received gratitude : smokingeverythang

PostPosted: September 19th, 2013, 10:19 am 
Baby Stumps

Nice to meet you bob ive read many of your posts and looked and almost all your pics you post and know you are a well seasoned pitmaster and a stumpsaholic!!!!! I also own a meadow creek bbq42 both mounted on enclosed trailer. I plan in the NEAR future to upgrade to a strech or bigger for my business.

Maverick et 732
R&V works Cajun fryer

For this message the author smokingeverythang has received gratitude : Bob in Fla

PostPosted: September 19th, 2013, 4:55 pm 
The Stretch

Have thanks: 453 times
Welcome to the nation. Congrats on the xl baby. I just got mine a few weeks ago and I love it. Can't wait to see some pictures.

Eric

Gas Grill: Have
Electric Smoker: Have

For this message the author padge31 has received gratitude : smokingeverythang

PostPosted: September 19th, 2013, 8:57 pm 
Platinum 6

Have thanks: 1345 times
smokingeverythang wrote:
One quick question though how and where do I put all my equip at??? Thank you stum nation plenty of pics on the way!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: I thought where should you store it, not how to put it in your profile. :oops: :oops:

Bob's got you all set up on how to add to your profile.

I'm just a guy in my backyard, playing with fire and smoke
Mark

PostPosted: September 21st, 2013, 2:55 pm 
Platinum 5

Have thanks: 322 times
Earl,

Welcome to the nation. Glad to hear that you love your Stumps and that I have another member of the nation in my neck of the woods. Been preaching the gospel of Stump's Smokers for several years in St. Louis....although several listened and are now proud owners of a Stumps....wish a few more local folks would want to pony up for the best smoker on the planet. I would love to see more Stumps at the local comps!!! You also get to meet the best people in the world on this forum!!!!!

BTW, did you buy the XL Baby from Ron or from the BBQ shop in Washington, MO? I saw one listed on craigslist several months ago.

You won't be sorry if you add a Stretch...its a great cooker and has more room ;) ;)

Looking forward to your posts!!!!

For this message the author stlblues has received gratitude : Bob in Fla

PostPosted: September 21st, 2013, 10:29 pm 
Baby Stumps

Hey jene nice to meet you. To answer your question yes I got by xl baby from ron and my meadow creek bbq42 from him also. Its good to know there are fellow stumpers in my neck of the woods. The first question is where I can I get true peach wood at in this area if you could guide me to a few places it would be greatley appreciated.

Maverick et 732
R&V works Cajun fryer