STUMP'S NATION

"A Forum Dedicated to talking about the BEST (GF)gravity-fed smoker on the PLANET!"
Photobucket
It is currently December 12th, 2017, 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New stretch day after the first cook
PostPosted: January 27th, 2014, 8:34 pm 
Baby Stumps

Have thanks: 42 times
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who have responded to my post and questions and the positive feed back. I believe I have purchased my way into a BBQ family. From Thad answering some silly questions him telling me it doesn't end just have the cooker gets dropped off. Really everyone. Every question I posted has been answered and in a polite way. You all rock. Everyday I read on this forum and see something I missed or might need to try. So I just wanted to say thank you all to STUMP for building a BBQ machine. And THAD we might if had a few mix ups/ misunderstandings but in the end. Great customer service and a great piece of an American made machine. I am a proud owner of something had made in the freaking USA
Thanks again to all. Can't wait to show more cooks. Is there a thread for just cook pics????

XL baby on its way 1/2015
2nd stretch July 2015. 1 is just not enough.

For this message the author Tamrush1 has received thanks - 3: Bob in Fla, ButlerQ, padge31

Post subject: Re: New stretch day after the first cook
PostPosted: January 27th, 2014, 8:50 pm 
Platinum 6

Have thanks: 870 times
Tamrush1 wrote:
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who have responded to my post and questions and the positive feed back. I believe I have purchased my way into a BBQ family. From Thad answering some silly questions him telling me it doesn't end just have the cooker gets dropped off. Really everyone. Every question I posted has been answered and in a polite way. You all rock. Everyday I read on this forum and see something I missed or might need to try. So I just wanted to say thank you all to STUMP for building a BBQ machine. And THAD we might if had a few mix ups/ misunderstandings but in the end. Great customer service and a great piece of an American made machine. I am a proud owner of something had made in the freaking USA
Thanks again to all. Can't wait to show more cooks. Is there a thread for just cook pics????

Yes there is Tammy. It is towards the bottom of the index page...

Stumps Baby
Stumps Backyarder
Stumps Junior "Ole Blue"
Stumps Stretch
Weber Smokey Joe
DigiQ DX
The to be Named BBQ Trailer

http://www.threedogsbbq.blogspot.com

“Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer” Henry Lawson

Where there is smoke, there is good food...

Support your Local Butcher!

For this message the author ButlerQ has received gratitude : Bob in Fla

PostPosted: January 27th, 2014, 9:06 pm 
Platinum 6

Have thanks: 907 times
Tamrush1 wrote:

"STUMP DON'T BUILD NO JUNK!"

Read through the entire index...there is a place for just about anything. ;) That "LOCKED" icon on the "Recipes" doesn't mean that the whole section is locked, just a part of it is locked. :oops:

Keep on asking questions, and if you want to find a place where you can actually talk to Stump and Thad, send me a Private Message. People 'round here get upset when I mention FaceBook, but that's where they both hang out...(along with a WHOLE bunch of other members of the Stump's Smokers family that are MIA from this forum)

BBQ Pitmasters "Chicken Wang, Chicken Wang, Chicken Wang" Battle Wagon
Junior (for SALE! I need the room!)
Monster
Stump's Mini-Stumpster
Stump's Smoker Baby
Stump's Tailgater
Stump's GF222CM Sold but came back--Needs a re-furb job
Stump's Baby (in Black) Sold
Stump's Baby (in Copper) Sold
Stump's Stretch (Tuxedo Black) Sold
Stump's Stretch (Tuxedo Black reversed door) Sold
Weber "Homer Simpson" Edition Smokey Joe
BGE "Mini"
2 Concrete blocks and a rusty oven grate

For this message the author Bob in Fla has received thanks - 2: bwsy2k, PakaMike

PostPosted: January 27th, 2014, 9:33 pm 
Platinum 6

Have thanks: 870 times
Tammy. Sorry, but I am going to hijack this thread for a second. Please accept my apologies.

Bob,

Please take a second to review the opinions some have written, including me, about the Forum's place in The Stumps Nation. Not once do we disrespect Stumps Facebook page. We don't get upset about Facebook. Facebook is for promotion and what Stump did yesterday and what he might be doing tomorrow. It is not user friendly when it comes to what we come to the Forum for: recipes, tricks, and tips. The Forum is very convenient and very searchable.

So please, enough with the Facebook digs. We are not bashing Facebook or the people that choose to visit there. People can do both. But, for honest to goodness info on how to make your Stumps work to perfection, this is the place to be.

Regards,

Bill

Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread. Again, Tammy, please accept my apologies.

Stumps Baby
Stumps Backyarder
Stumps Junior "Ole Blue"
Stumps Stretch
Weber Smokey Joe
DigiQ DX
The to be Named BBQ Trailer

http://www.threedogsbbq.blogspot.com

“Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer” Henry Lawson

Where there is smoke, there is good food...

Support your Local Butcher!

For this message the author ButlerQ has received thanks - 3: Hutch, markcp, padge31

PostPosted: January 27th, 2014, 9:38 pm 
Baby Stumps

No apology needed. I have been on thAt other site. I am a member and I love it for keeping up with events and family. This forum in little better to get around on. Not always. Some post things in hard to find places. But sooner or later I can find it. Jump in anytime.

For this message the author Tamrush1 has received gratitude : Bob in Fla

PostPosted: January 27th, 2014, 9:52 pm 
The Stretch

Have thanks: 453 times
You know it really doesn't matter anyway they are predicting in two years Facebook will lose 80 percent of their following. It will become like MySpace, but I bet in 2 years this forum will still be going strong. I don't plan on getting rid of my Stumps anytime soon, so that means every cook I do will end up on the forum. I also like to throw up some non cook related stuff to. I think it is fun to share stuff with the people on this forum. I frequent Facebook everyday and I like it also. O well enough said. I am looking forward to your pics in the future Tammy.

Eric

Gas Grill: Have
Electric Smoker: Have

For this message the author padge31 has received thanks - 3: Bob in Fla, Hutch, markcp

PostPosted: January 27th, 2014, 11:22 pm 
Platinum 6

Have thanks: 907 times
People ASK about where Stump and Thad are. I answer the questions. I CANNOT answer WHY they are on Facebook and not here (but I have heard comments) but I am just passing on information. Get over it!

BBQ Pitmasters "Chicken Wang, Chicken Wang, Chicken Wang" Battle Wagon
Junior (for SALE! I need the room!)
Monster
Stump's Mini-Stumpster
Stump's Smoker Baby
Stump's Tailgater
Stump's GF222CM Sold but came back--Needs a re-furb job
Stump's Baby (in Black) Sold
Stump's Baby (in Copper) Sold
Stump's Stretch (Tuxedo Black) Sold
Stump's Stretch (Tuxedo Black reversed door) Sold
Weber "Homer Simpson" Edition Smokey Joe
BGE "Mini"
2 Concrete blocks and a rusty oven grate

For this message the author Bob in Fla has received gratitude : PakaMike

PostPosted: January 31st, 2014, 5:32 pm 
The Stretch

Have thanks: 246 times
Bob in Fla wrote:
People ASK about where Stump and Thad are. I answer the questions. I CANNOT answer WHY they are on Facebook and not here (but I have heard comments) but I am just passing on information. Get over it!

Bob would you mind sharing the comments you heard?
Inquiring minds might want to know.
Thanks from a non facebooker

Lodge Sportsman cast iron Hibachi
Large Costco Ceramic cooker
XL Baby

PostPosted: January 31st, 2014, 10:06 pm 
Baby Stumps

I wanted to say I posted here and on facebook for family and friends that are not on this forum. and was happy to see a post from stumpsmokers. I don't really care where they are as long as the family that this forum has in tow is here that is all that matters. this is the best place to be. you can read everything on the web and search all you want. but when you want to know about how to cook on your smoker then this is the place to post and or search.
And a fact that is true you can call Thad if you have a question and he will be there on the other end of the line. but with all the info on here you really should not have to call you all are great and please keep posting and keep helping us new owners so we can grow and help the next group of owners. I am a proud owner of a 2014 stretch USA made smoker. AND I LOVE IT

For this message the author Tamrush1 has received thanks - 3: Bob in Fla, markcp, padge31

PostPosted: February 14th, 2014, 6:01 pm 
The Classic

Have thanks: 115 times
Inquiring minds want to know!!!! WOW!

I haven't been on the forum in a while for lots of reasons.....none of which are related to NOT liking this site anymore which seems to be the implied response!!!!!

Did we all forget the telephone number to Stump's?? Here it is in case it has gotten lost....478-328-1500........ Stump and I are there each day and talk to MANY customers every day. I answer the number 15 to 16 hours a day 6 days a week!!! (Yes, last night at 11:43 pm EST it rang and I talked to a gentleman from CA for 40 minutes ...... who bought a cooker no less!) Last Saturday night at 9 o'clock, I talked to a gentleman from Montana who bought 2 XL Stretches.......... on a cold call no less!!!!! Told me he was flabbergasted that someone would answer the phone on Saturday night AND sell him cookers too... Said that's why he bought Stump's Smokers on a first phone call!!

This forum and Facebook are two TOTALLY different mediums. Today, I get most all of my first point of contact messages from interested customers who make their first contact with Stump's through Facebook or the website..... afterwards many call and find out more about us..... some don't ever reach out any further. But I had learned this the hard way.... social media is the way people interact today. I despised this internet wave of the future when I first bought Stump's. But I had to learn that I get many many times more people asking about price quotes on email and social media than I do phone calls these days. That contact button on the home page averages 25 to 45 hits each day for information request. Facebook averages 6 to 10. We went from 1200 hits a weeks on our old site to now over 7500 each week on AVERAGE.

Granted, I do still get the loyal word of mouth sales from people who have talked to all you loyal Stump's Nation guys and have called wanting a smoker. FOR THAT I AM MOST GRATEFUL TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!! But those calls are not as prevalent as they once were with all the CHEAP copycat cookers out there today...... and these guys having one sitting on the floor because they are selling 30 a year, and we are selling 800 or more. After just 3.5 short years we are now back in the black..... and there to stay, and it takes a lot of work to keep it there. None of which I see doing itself!!!!

So how many of you guys want to walk a mile in my shoes? I've got a 3 year old PRECIOUS little girl that thinks her Daddy can walk on water and can do no wrong...... AND every night she only wants her Daddy to come read to her before she goes to bed rather than do financial reports, talk on the phone, answer emails, or private message on one of the social medias. Talk about breaking a man down!!! That can do it!!!!!! BTW...... did I mention that I have an Electrical Contracting Business too????? LOL........ We'll leave that one alone!

So here's what I suggest........The next time one of you want to sling a rock at Bob Parker..... don't waste your time!!! I am about 300 lbs last time I had enough time to get on the scales!!! Sling it at dear old THAD.... I make for a BIG target! Better yet..... Pick of the phone and call me. I really like talking to customers and trying my best to give the BEST DANG CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE BUSINESS!!

Last edited by twe3 on February 15th, 2014, 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author twe3 has received thanks - 2: PakaMike, Tamrush1